For more than 35 years, Children’s Alley has served as Boulder County’s only drop-in childcare center with sliding scale fees. We provide a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment that encourages children’s social-emotional, physical, behavioral, and cognitive development. We serve children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old and offer extended hours including evenings and Saturdays. In addition, we accept CCAP payments. Families turn to Children’s Alley when they have a sudden and temporary need for childcare such as:
- When their regular childcare provider is unavailable
- Parents have a class, a job interview, doctor’s appointment, etc.
- Parents simply need a break from the stress of childcare
Children's Alley Frequently Asked Questions
- Mon – Thurs 7:30 am to 8:00 pm
- Fri 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: We are located in the YWCA Boulder County facility at 2222 14th Street, Boulder, CO 80302, at the corner of 14th Street and Mapleton Avenue. Please note that we are always happy to provide tours of our center for those interested. Tours are by appointment only, however: please call in advance to schedule.
Contact us at:
- Phone: (303) 449-1951
- Fax: (720) 545-9901
- Email: email@example.com*
*Note, reservations can only be made by phone
Specifically designed for infants ages six weeks to 18 months old, Children's Alley Infant Development Center features a range of benefits, such as:
- Care for infants provided by a trained Infant Room Supervisor with extensive experience.
- Feeding, naps, and playtime customized for each infant's individual schedule to ensure that they are comfortable and that they experience care consistent with what they receive at home.
- A range of formula options (or you can opt to supply your own formula or breast milk). Bottle warmers are used before feeding infants.
- A cozy eat-in "kitchen" and rocking chairs for feeding infants.
- A quiet napping room with all staff certified in Safe Sleep best practices.
- An indoor play area with a wide variety of age-appropriate toys and experiences that follow ERS recommendations to encourage infants’ cognitive and physical development.
- A gated outdoor area that features a covered surface and an awning to further protect infants from bright sun.
- A certified breastfeeding friendly atmosphere; we support mothers who continue to breastfeed their children as they return to work.
- A private, designated breastfeeding room for mothers to breastfeed their children; moms are welcome to breastfeed in the classroom if desired.
Our toddler room is designed for children ages 12 months to 3 years and provides positive learning experiences that encourage the social, emotional, and intellectual development of our attendees. Playtime, music, art and outdoor play help active toddlers to enjoy their day at Children’s Alley while they develop during these essential, early years of their education.
Children’s Alley runs a full-time Preschool Program using the “Storybook Journey” curriculum. This curriculum focuses on children's literature, poems, songs, rhymes, and the creativity of the children and staff. Storybook Journey provides a positive opportunity to address emotional challenges that typically begin to emerge in children ages 3-5 years old.
Our program features a small class size, implements creative activities, and fosters kindergarten readiness. Our permanent program is full for the 2016-2017 school year, however, we have temporary or drop-in slots available on an ongoing basis!
We serve a wide range of ages and utilize thoughtful activities designed to foster learning for all children attending between ages 3 to 12 years old. For younger children, learning to take turns, sharing, encouraging intellectual curiosity, and promoting literacy are key focuses in the preschool room. Children enjoy reading activities, art projects, music, exploring our fun fenced-in playground and much more. For school-age children, our expert staff use age-appropriate activities to continue their educational experience in a safe, fun, stimulating environment.