Persimmon Early Learning (formerly Children’s Alley)
General Information during COVID-19
Temporary Hours due to COVID-19: Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM, with no Saturday hours.
Persimmon Early Learning has reopened in a limited capacity to comply with Boulder County Public Health. The Infant Development Center, Toddler Room and Preschool Room are open in a limited capacity. The health and safety of our children, families and teacher is our first priority.
We are working with Boulder County Public Health on a daily basis to ensure we are aligning with the highest level of recommendations, including:
- A daily health screening is completed for each child and staff entering the YWCA.
- We have adjusted our hours to allow for stable staff scheduling and extra time for daily disinfecting.
- Classrooms are thoroughly disinfected and cleaned at the end of each day.
- Classrooms follow social distancing and facial covering/mask requirements from Boulder County Public Health. All staff are required to wear facial coverings, and it is recommended for children 5 and older.
- Classroom ratios and group sizes have been adjusted to align with the Public Health guidelines for maintaining social distancing.
We will not be able to offer our traditional drop-in services at this time. However, we are offering short-term contracts. Please contact us for more information.
We appreciate everyone’s support and patience as we implement these new guidelines.
If you’re in need of child care, please contact Kate Hise at: email@example.com.
Webinar: A Safe Return to Early Child Care During COVID-19
YWCA Boulder County recently presented a discussion and Q&A about the strict public health precautions and safety measures Boulder County early child care centers are following to keep their children, families, and staff safe and healthy. With 20+ years as a teacher and director in early child care, Kate Hise shared helpful information for parents exploring what to consider when enrolling infants, toddlers and pre-school aged students in child care.
A recording of the webinar is available on our YouTube site. Links to the handouts are below.