YWCA Boulder County seeks a full time Nutrition Coordinator for the childcare center, Children's Alley. This position is responsible for the menu planning, food prep, and clean-up associated with the center's four meals each day.
Children's Alley is Boulder County's only entirely drop-in childcare center, offering sliding scale fees, and extended hours for children ages 6 weeks - 12 years at YWCA Boulder County.
At YWCA Boulder County we are very proud of our supportive and fun work environment. We offer monthly professional development, excellent peer support from teachers and administrators, and an environment in which the impact you make is evident on a daily basis! If you are interested in making a significant difference in the lives of hundreds of children and their families each year, please see the position details below.
• Monday - Friday (flexible hours)
Full-Time 8:30am-5pm (preferred)
• Generous benefits package depending on hours include: medical/dental insurance, vacation/sick time, four weeks paid time off per year, employer paid retirement after first two years.
• Full-time infant (6 weeks - 1 year) care available at discounted rate
• Proactively plan, purchase and prepare all food served at Children's Alley.
• Maintain all expenditures within the monthly budget.
• Prepare all food according to health department standards.
• On a daily basis, note any and all child allergies or individual diet needs, and communicate such needs to teachers.
• Prepare meals/portions in compliance with CACFP standards; submit monthly reports to CACFP.
• Maintain health department standards of cleanliness in kitchen on an ongoing basis.
• On occasion, assist teachers in the classroom.
• Experience with food prep/clean-up in compliance with health department standards.
• Prior experience with CACFP Childcare Center guidelines preferred.
• Must be self-guided, organized, creative, and able to work independently.
• Love working with children a must!
• 2 + years of experience working in food service
• Experience working within CACFP guidelines preferred
• Experience with developing nutrition programs in an institutional kitchen setting desired
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Nutrition Coordinator" in the subject line.
The YWCA Boulder is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.