Director, Individual Giving & Grants
Reports to: CEO, YWCA Boulder County
YWCA Boulder County’s mission is to eliminate racism and empower women and girls. The organization secures funds aligning direct programming with racial justice, economic advancement and health and safety of women and girls. Celebrating 100 years in Boulder County, YWCA Boulder County is a reputable social and racial justice organization providing critical services including:
- Affordable, quality child care
- STEM programming for middle school girls
- Racial justice training
- Powerful, culturally relevant programming for high school Latina women
- Advocacy at the federal, state and local levels to disrupt unjust systems and laws
Opportunity: The Director, Individual Giving & Grants provides innovative and strategic leadership, oversight and execution of revenue growth through multiple channels including individual giving and the grants/planned giving programs. The Director, Individual Giving & Grants will have primary responsibility for leading the organization’s annual individual giving efforts by setting strategy and executing plans to grow fundraising and grant revenue. This seasoned engagement professional will leverage the powerful brand of YWCA Boulder County as a member of the leadership team, regular connectivity and voice with the Board of Directors, and managing one FTE staff, portfolio of donors, and community influencers.
This is a Full-Time, Flexible Schedule position (40 hours per week).
Primary Relationships: The Director, Individual Giving & Grants reports to the CEO and serves as a member on the Leadership Team. In addition, this leader engages and supports the Board of Directors, CEO and other management staff in charting the direction, strategy and implementation for the organization. A strong coach and mentor, the Director, Individual Giving & Grants will have one direct report initially with opportunity to expand the department with expected growth of the organization.
- Developing and leading an integrative relationship engagement plan to drive increased revenue with major donors, mid-level donors, corporate partners, fundraisers and community partnerships
- Develop, manage and maintain a portfolio of individual donors, major gift and planned giving prospects and donors
- Develop relationships with donors by holding personal meetings, both on-site and off-site, and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets
- Develop and implement strategies for donor identification and solicitation that will grow annual individual revenue
- Collaborating with other program areas and the Director, Marketing and Events to advance and achieve overall fundraising goals
- In partnership with the Program Officer, Grants and Planned Giving, applying, reporting, and prospecting for grants
- Oversee donor correspondence and mailings
- Develop events and coordinate logistics with the Director, Marketing & Events to ensure an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship including work with Program Officer, Planned Giving and Grants to develop additional events unique to planned giving donors
- Assist with donor prospecting, including research, rating and screening sessions
- Assist the CEO to provide support to the Board for fundraising initiatives
- Work with the Director, Marketing & Events in enhancing donor recognition in all communication strategies
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to Individual Giving on a quarterly basis, and prepare regular reports on all appeal activities
- Cultivate and engage new individual prospects through planned follow-up
- Execute annual donor campaigns including end-of-year campaign and Colorado Gives Day
- Contribute to the growth of the planned giving program, implementing new strategies and protocols to attract and recognize new bequests
Planning and Budgeting
- Collaborate with the CEO in developing the annual operational plan and revenue targets
- Sets reasonable revenue targets for areas of responsibility, develops and tracks budget and expenses accordingly
- Develop, expand, execute and track against target list of potential donors
- Keep informed of best practices in the fields of development and grants, especially related to non-profit fundraising and engagement
- Work with staff to maintain a strategic perspective and work towards goals outlined in strategic plan
- Member of the Board Finance Committee
- Make sure that the YWCA’s philosophy, mission, vision and culture are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization
Management and Coaching
- Maintain a culture that attracts, retains and motivates top performing personnel, both paid and volunteer
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the YWCA
- Model leadership aligned with the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Supervise and mentor staff and volunteers to support their personal and professional goals
The ideal Director, Individual Giving & Grants will be driven by developing, cultivating, and stewarding a network of philanthropic individuals who see the value and critical nature of the mission of YWCA Boulder County. The successful candidate will combine a competitive spirit with a collaborative and team-oriented set of professional values.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in leading development strategy
- Experience developing and managing budgets, volunteers, vendors, partners and staff
- Proven results in revenue growth and donor engagement
- Degree in field relatable to position or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated commitment to leading and supporting a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Preferred minimum six years of experience in non-profit management and/or development
Salary and Benefits
The salary range commensurate with experience is $60-$72K annually. This is a full-time flexible schedule (40 hours/week) position. YWCA Boulder County offers an excellent benefits package, including health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and an employer-paid pension plan.
The YWCA Boulder County, recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, self-identified gender, sexual preference, disability and age.
We are dedicated to living our values to foster an inclusive organization focused on diversity, multiculturalism and belonging.
Please send your resume including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time