Getting Ahead is a free, 16-week workshop that helps individuals in poverty build their resources for a more prosperous life for themselves, their families, and their communities.
The Getting Ahead curriculum guides participants step-by-step through an examination of their own experience as well as helps them explore issues in the community that impact their poverty - banking, housing, jobs, transportation, and more. After this assessment, participants learn how to utilize skills and relationships to reach self-sufficiency and build the life they want.
- Learn about the "hidden rules" for getting ahead
- Gain skills that will give you confidence to do what it takes to succeed
- Build resources and make connections at home and work
- Discover ways to deal with change and create stability in your life
- Learn about your community and how it impacts you
An application and in-person interview is required. Interested parties should fill out the online interest form and will be contacted by a faciliator to move forward.
Getting Ahead Requirements:
- Income below 125% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Stable housing
- Boulder County resident with lawful US residency
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-443-0419
Thursdays, May 11-August 31, 2017