Get Involved and Take Action with YWCA Boulder County
For 100 years, YWCA Boulder County has worked to eliminate racism and empower women in Boulder County and helped women and children of all ages and backgrounds thrive. We provide services such as high-quality, affordable and flexible child care; parent and caregiver education classes; and racial justice and equity programs including youth empowerment, youth and adult education, and advocacy. Our programs include:
- Persimmon Early Learning (formerly Children’s Alley), offering affordable, high-quality child care, now with permanent contracts in our brand new classrooms
- Reading to End Racism (RER), a K-8 program designed to eliminate racism, bullying and discrimination
- Latina Achievement Support (LAS), a program that supports Latina high school students as they strive for academic and interpersonal success
- Racial Justice & Equity Education trainings for organizations and community members, including our popular How to be Anti-racist Virtual Training for adults
- STEM E3, a program helping to make future STEM careers a reality for 5th – 8th grade youth and girls of color
How to get involved:
- Visit our website to learn more and register for our upcoming trainings:
- Register for our follow-up training for parents “How to Talk to your Kids About Racism”, coming up on May 11, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Sign up for our Stand Against Racism 21-Day Challenge, going on now.
- Volunteer with Reading to End Racism and attend the volunteer training happening on May 23, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Join our 100th Anniversary Empowered Luncheon Event Committee
- Contact us to learn more about how you can volunteer, become an event sponsor, and more.
Get Involved and Take Action with NAACP Boulder County
Founded February 12, 1909, the NAACP is the nation’s foremost, largest, and most widely recognized civil rights organization. Its more than half-million members and supporters throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, leading grassroots campaigns for equal opportunity and conducting voter mobilization.
NAACP Boulder County Committees
Chartered in 2017, the Boulder County Branch of the NAACP works with advocates and agencies throughout the county on issues that affect our greater community. Joining a committee is a great way to share your gifts and talent, meet new people, and stand as an ally for justice and equity.
- Civic Engagement
- Criminal Justice
- Economic Opportunity
- Freedom Fund Event Committee
- Religious Affairs
How to get involved:
- Become a member of NAACP Boulder County, attend board and community meetings and help the community continue to organize
- Join the NAACP Education Committee: email@example.com
- Join the NAACP Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Collab Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BVSD Youth Equity Council: Apply in Fall 2022
- BVSD Equity Council: Apply in Fall 2022
- Join BVSD Parents of Color Council: email@example.com