Get Involved and Take Action for Reproductive Health Rights
Each of us must advocate for the rights of women and pregnant people everywhere!
- Get involved during this critical fight:
- Financially support abortion funds in Colorado and across the country:
- Cobalt Abortion Fund – The Cobalt Abortion Fund (formerly the Women’s Freedom Fund) provides direct financial assistance to individuals seeking abortion care. Our mission is to work toward reproductive freedom for all people and to provide financial assistance without judgment or question to people who seek an abortion but are unable to pay the full cost.
- National Network of Abortion Funds –The National Network of Abortion Funds builds power with members to remove financial and logistical barriers to abortion access by centering people who have abortions and organizing at the intersections of racial, economic, and reproductive justice.
- Educate yourself on the history of women’s rights and reproductive justice.
- Sign up for YWCA emails to stay tuned for upcoming events this summer.
- Sign up for YWCA Boulder County Advocacy Action Alerts to take urgent action on advocacy and legislative issues in the future.
- Join the Reproductive Health March of Boulder County Facebook group.
- Make sure you are registered to vote and make sure you, your family and friends VOTE in the November election! Get involved and support local, state and national candidates who share your values.
Share How You Plan to TAKE ACTION on Social Media
For 100 years, YWCA Boulder County has worked to eliminate racism and empower women in Boulder County and has helped women and children of all ages and backgrounds thrive. As an inclusive, secular nonprofit organization, we are publicly funded, not affiliated with any religious group, and welcome people of all genders to participate in our important work. We provide a variety of vital services such as high-quality, affordable and flexible child care; parent education classes; and racial justice and equity programs including youth empowerment, youth and adult education, and advocacy. YWCA Boulder County is a federated organization with sister YWCAs across the United States and the world.
*Photo credit: ChrisGoodwin/desrowVISUALS
Going to a demonstration or march? Know Before You GoBYO (Bring Your Own):
- Signs – Make your own sign at home to share how you feel! We kindly ask for marchers to AVOID imagery of coat hangers and hand maidens. We don’t want to reinforce the conservative message that self-managed abortions are dangerous, scary or harmful. The use of Handmaid’s Tale imagery has produced fragmentation of our message along the lines of race and class and erases the fact that Black women, undocumented women, incarcerated women, poor women, and disabled women have always had their reproduction controlled in this country and it is not a dystopic future or past. Please keep things family-friendly.
- Water, snacks, sunscreen, etc.
- Face masks are encouraged to keep our community safe and healthy since social distancing may not be possible.
- There may be counter protestors on Saturday. Do not engage with counter protestors. Do not shout back or engage in arguments. Keep in mind that anti-abortion protestors have a long history of trying to provoke pro-choice people into confrontations and violence. Keep the focus on the march’s message and chant louder!
- Do not touch anyone. Ask people to move verbally and avoid any confrontations or those trying to provoke confrontations.
- If a conflict does arise, please engage a march organizer or Peace Keeper.
- We love our furry friends, but please leave your dogs at home for the safety and comfort of all.
- If you bike to the march, please plan to lock it somewhere and not march with your bike.
We Need Your Support
Sign up to receive YWCA Advocacy Action Alerts and stay up to date. Together, we can make an impact!