We Need Your Support!
Sign up to receive YWCA Advocacy Action Alerts and stay up to date. Together, we can make an impact!
YWCA Boulder County Advocacy
Get Involved and Advocate for Women, Girls and People of Color
At YWCA Boulder County, we advocate for women and girls by educating and developing relationships with policy makers, community leaders and community members. We work to create legislative, policy and systems change to break down barriers for the advancement and economic sustainability of self-identifying women, girls, and people of color.
Banner photo by ChrisGoodwin/desrowVISUALS
National Bills to Watch
Visit the YWCA USA Advocacy Agenda page to learn more about our current priorities for Congress.
How to TAKE ACTION
Interested in how YOU can TAKE ACTION and make positive change in our community? Here are some ideas:
- Join the Stand Against Racism Challenge
- Thank your Congressional representatives for passing the Violence Against Women Act in March 2022.
- Thank your state representatives for passing the Prohibit Sexual Act Without Consent legislation.
- Stay up to date on legislative issues on the local, state and national levels through online resources.
- Make your voice heard!
- Contact your legislators, on the local, state and national levels, about the issues that are important to you to inform their actions. Calls, emails, and written letters or postcards all make an impact. See our Advocacy Contacts section below for contact information for your representatives. Make it a regular family activity!
- Write a Letter to the Editor to add your voice to community conversations about important issues. Learn some basics and tips here.
- Attend a Day at the Capitol event, meet with legislators and learn how to testify for or against a bill.
Recent Advocacy WinsWe are happy to celebrate several big advocacy wins this legislative session! Three bills have passed the Colorado House and Senate and signed by Govenor Polis on April 14, 2023:
Your Local Representatives
- Boulder Valley School District
- St. Vrain Valley School District
- Boulder County Commissioners
- Colorado Legislature
- U.S. Congress
You can email all seven board members (and also the superintendent and the board secretary) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find BVSD board members and their contact information here.
SVVSD Board of Education Contact Form:
You can find all SVVSD Board members and their contact information here.
SVVSD website: https://www.svvsd.org/
Boulder County Commissioners
Commissioner Claire Levy – District 1
Term Ends: 2025
Commissioner Marta Loachamin – District 2
Term Ends: 2025
Commissioner Ashley Stolzmann – District 3
Term Ends: 2027
State Senator Tammy Story – Senate District 16
State Senator Sonya Jaquez Lewis – Senate District 17
State Senator Stephen Fenberg – Senate District 18 and Majority Leader
Representative Edie Hooton – House District 10
Representative Karen McCormick – House District 11
Representative Tracey Bernett – House District 12
Representative Judy Amabile – House District 13
Representative Matt Gray – House District 33