We Need Your Support!
Sign up to receive YWCA Advocacy Action Alerts and stay up to date. Together, we can make an impact!
YWCA Boulder County Advocacy
Get Involved and Advocate for Women, Girls and People of Color
At YWCA Boulder County, we advocate for women and girls by educating and developing relationships with policy makers, community leaders and community members. We work to create legislative, policy and systems change to break down barriers for the advancement and economic sustainability of self-identifying women, girls, and people of color.
Banner photo by ChrisGoodwin/desrowVISUALS
National Bills to Watch
Visit the YWCA USA Advocacy Agenda page to learn more about our current priorities for Congress.
How to TAKE ACTION
Interested in how YOU can TAKE ACTION and make positive change in our community? Here are some ideas:
- Join the Stand Against Racism Challenge
- Thank your Congressional representatives for passing the Violence Against Women Act in March 2022.
- Thank your state representatives for passing the Prohibit Sexual Act Without Consent legislation.
- Stay up to date on legislative issues on the local, state and national levels through online resources.
- Make your voice heard!
- Contact your legislators, on the local, state and national levels, about the issues that are important to you to inform their actions. Calls, emails, and written letters or postcards all make an impact. See our Advocacy Contacts section below for contact information for your representatives. Make it a regular family activity!
- Write a Letter to the Editor to add your voice to community conversations about important issues. Learn some basics and tips here.
- Attend a Day at the Capitol event, meet with legislators and learn how to testify for or against a bill.
Your Local Representatives
- Boulder Valley School District
- St. Vrain Valley School District
- Boulder County Commissioners
- Colorado Legislature
- U.S. Congress
You can email all seven board members (and also the superintendent and the board secretary) by emailing email@example.com.
Or you can email them individually at:
Kathy Gebhardt, Board of Education President, District C, Term Expires: 2023
Lisa Sweeney-Miran, Board of Education Vice President, District A, Term Expires: 2023
Nicole Rajpal, Board of Education Treasurer, District B, Term Expires: 2025
Stacey Zis, Board of Education Member, District D, Term Expires: 2023
Beth Niznik, Board of Education Member, District E, Term Expires: 2025
Kitty Sargent, Board of Education Treasurer, District F, Term Expires: 2025
SVVSD Board of Education Contact Form:
Joie Siegrist, Board of Education President, District A, Term Expires: 2023
Karen Ragland, Board of Education Vice President and Assistant Secretary, District B, Term Expires: 2025
Jim Berthold, Board of Education Secretary, District C, Term Expires: 2023
Richard Martyr, Board of Education Treasurer, District E, Term Expires: 2023
Meosha Brooks, Board of Education Member, District D, Term Expires: 2025
Chico Garcia, Board of Education Member, District G, Term Expires: 2023
Sarah Hurianek, Board of Education Member, District F, Term Expires: 2025
Boulder County Commissioners
Commissioner Claire Levy – District 1
Term Ends: 2025
Commissioner Marta Loachamin – District 2
Term Ends: 2025
Commissioner Matt Jones – District 3
Term Ends: 2022