Persimmon Early Learning
Early Childhood Education Teacher
$18 to $19 per hour ($37,440 to $39,520 annually) depending on qualifications
Due to expansion of our early childhood education program, we have openings for qualified early childhood education teachers, particularly Toddler and Preschool teachers. We are committed to improving the lives of families by providing quality care for children from eight weeks to six years of age, and we need caring, creative, dedicated teachers to help us in our mission. Our full-time positions offer competitive pay, generous paid vacation and sick time, over 40 days of paid holidays and recess, affordable group health insurance with $70/month employee premiums, a 100% employer paid retirement plan, free Eco-Passes, discounted child care and continuing education benefits. We are currently offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for successful candidates.
Priority will be given to ECT- or Director-qualified candidates, but we also have opportunities for teachers who have not yet completed coursework. These are full-time, 40 hour per week positions, with some schedule flexibility.
Persimmon Early Learning offers high-quality, affordable child care, and expanded indoor and outdoor learning areas. It provides a nurturing, creative space for children to learn and grow. The program emphasizes parent engagement and education, health equity through scheduled wellness activities and active play time, and good nutrition modeling and activities including diverse and healthy meal plan.
For additional info, email Kate Hise: email@example.com, or call Persimmon Early Learning: (303) 449-1951.
Latina Achievement Support (LAS) Advocate
$15.13 per hour
Average of 6-12 hours per week
Start date: September 2021
The Latina Achievement Support (LAS) Advocate works directly with ninth- to twelfth-grade Latina high school students in Boulder County, helping to close the achievement gap and provide specialized support. LAS advocates provide a space where students can build upon the strengths and resources of the Latinx Community and understand the challenges they may face in reaching their goals. LAS provides positive youth development through programming (described below) and exposure to other organizations in Colorado. This is a position requiring a commitment to the work and mission of YWCA Boulder County and supervision of youth. May be a virtual position or partially virtual, subject to COVID-19.
- Recruits and retain students for LAS group at assigned area high school in Boulder County
- Develops and maintains relationships with school staff, counselors, teachers
- Develops/coordinates programming and leads weekly empowerment group meetings held at school site, such as
- Life skills topics (wellness, study skills, adapting to change, issues of relevance)
- College readiness and career planning
- Provides tutoring and mentoring
- Helps plan and chaperone students on college visits, field trips, volunteer, and other extra-curricular activities
- Communicates with LAS student families as needed
- Adheres to all protocols of using school space, resources
- Maintains LAS calendar on spreadsheet
- Collects and enters data on student attendance and grades/graduation rates into spreadsheets
- Administers Pre/Post program surveys, collects Pre/Post surveys; enters data
- Coordinates logistics for activities, including: refreshments, room location, AV set-up, reservations, etc.
- Administers and collects any necessary field trip or participation permission slips
- Fluent in Spanish and English (preferred)
- Timely and clear communication skills
- Experience working with multicultural audiences and/or underrepresented youth
- Employment-eligible to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age; current college student or college graduate
- Reliable form of transportation
- Available during school, afterschool hours (to be arranged with high school site)
- Availability to attend bi-weekly staff meeting with director and other specialists
- Flexible work hours, avg. 6 – 12 hours/week, August through May
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Lisa Van Der Veer, YWCA Boulder County, 2222 14th Street, Boulder, CO 80302