YWCA Boulder County has one current employment opportunity for a Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
Director – Marketing and Public Relations
Reports to: CEO, YWCA Boulder, Debbie Pope
Status: Exempt/Part-Time (25 hours/week)
Opportunity: The Director, Marketing and Public Relations is leading the powerful brand of the YWCA. Leading and directing the planning, development and implementation of the YWCA’s marketing strategies, communications and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation for support materials and services for the YWCA Boulder County in marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the budget and resources to execute the outcomes for the organization, including overseeing the Marketing Board Committee, consultants, contractors and vendors.
Primary Relationships: The Director reports to the CEO and serves as a member on the senior management team. In addition, this leader engages and supports the Board of Directors, CEO and other management staff in charting the direction and awareness strategy and implementation for the organization.
Marketing, communications and public relations
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
- Comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the YWCA’s image and position within the marketplace, general public, and facilitate internal and external communications
- All YWCA marketing, communication and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, social media and promotions
- Ensure articulation of the YWCA’s desired brand, assure consistent communication of brand and position and assure communication for the brand to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all YWCA’s publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the YWCA and ensure regular contact and relationship building with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Coordinate the appearance of all YWCA print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, social media etc.
Planning and Budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications and public relations mission goal and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the CEO and Board.
- Develop operational plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Keep informed of development in the fields of marketing and PR especially related to non-profit engagement and marketing.
- Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to:
- Develop and maintain a strategic perspective, based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction
- Partner and co-lead the YWCA Marketing Committee
- Develop strong outcomes and role clarify for committee members
- Support and develop volunteer leadership and engagement
- Make sure that the YWCA’s philosophy, mission, vision and culture are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Maintain a culture that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the YWCA.
- Effectively engage volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the YWCA by:
- Exemplifying the YWCA’s values, vision and direction
- Respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people
- Providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop volunteers’ skills
- Modeling leadership aligned with the organization’s culture
- Coaching people to success
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and PR.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, volunteers, vendors, partners and staff
- Experience overseeing the design, production and execution of print materials, publications and electronic media strategy
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentation and negotiating with media
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communication or marketing preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in marketing or communications.
Leads and executes projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director Marketing and Public Relations” in the subject line.
The YWCA Boulder is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.