Reports to: VP Development & Marketing, YWCA Boulder, Brittny Wilson
Status: Exempt/Part-Time Flexible Schedule (30 hours/week)
Opportunity: The Grants Manager provides oversight to the overall organization grant program. A member of the YWCA development team, the Grants Manager, is an integral partner in executing the annual Development Plan led by the VP of Development & Marketing which includes prospecting and applying for new grant opportunities while submitting current applications and required reporting.
Primary Relationships: The Grants Manager reports to the VP of Development & Marketing and serves as a member of the Development team.
Grant Program Management
- Responsible for new funder prospecting and research, tracking application and report deadlines.
- Maintain annual calendar for grant proposals and reports, as well as detailed records of funder contacts in database.
- Work with VP to create annual grants budget, goals. Track performance and funding streams toward goals.
- Attend grant interviews and receptions as needed.
- Attend professional development trainings.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with grant funders.
- Write and submit all foundation and government grants.
- Maintain contact with funders to ensure the most up-to-date information is available.
- Work with senior management team and program staff to identify grant needs/opportunities and compile grant attachments.
- Gather statistics, client stories, accomplishments, challenges and other data from program and administrative staff members to include in grant proposals.
- Stay up to date on national/local trends and research related to the YWCA Boulder County’s mission and programming.
Process grant and funder acknowledgements.
Grant Reporting & Invoices
- Review and refine logic model annually. Compile outcomes and outputs in collaboration with program staff and submit all grant reports.
- Ensure compliance with funding requirements.
- Manage submission of grant invoices as required, including deciding what invoices will cover and communication of grant budgetary information to Bookkeeper/Business Director for tracking purposes.
Federal Funding Management
- Maintain current registrations necessary to apply for funding.
- Stay up to date on application releases and maintain relationship with national consultants.
- Ensure compliance with federal grant requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 to 4 years of grant writing experience
- Self-starter, able to work independently, but also good judgement in seeking guidance and direction, and strong interest and ability to work collaboratively.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform extremely accurate data entry and produce high quality, professional work.
- A competitive drive and desire to win grant awards and beat budgets.
- Analytical thinker who has an ability to troubleshoot.
- Strong communication skills including writing and interpersonal.
- Passion for the mission to Eliminate Racism and Empower Women and desire to grow a grants program that will help accomplish that.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.