Manager of Community Engagement and Equity
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Engagement and Equity
STATUS: Exempt. ¾ Time
OPPORTUNITY: The Program Manager and Volunteer Coordinator supports the YWCA mission to eliminate racism and empower women through outreach and educational programs at the YWCA, including Reading to End Racism (RER), STEM education for girls and young women of color, and volunteer coordination. The manager supports the director of community engagement and equity in guiding the organization in racial justice literacy, relevance and advocacy. This position includes after-hours work, local travel, and supervision of others. This position is responsible for coordinating events, volunteers and participants/clients, as well as working with community members and partners.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
Volunteer Coordination and Community Engagement (25%)
- Cultivate and maintain community partnerships with individuals, the non-profit sector, county services, businesses, local school districts and higher education institutions.
- Establish a volunteer intake process and pipeline for the YWCA and facilitate introductions to the YWCA with volunteer applicants.
- Participate in community engagement events, including volunteer fairs and social justice events.
- Develop trainings and learning opportunities for volunteers.
- Manage volunteer databases.
- Work with internal staff on volunteer recruitment campaigns.
- Help organize Stand Against Racism week events and advocacy efforts.
- Support grant prospecting, application writing and reporting.
- Support YWCA development and fundraising efforts and events.
- Coordinate volunteer efforts at events such as Dash and Bash, Volunteer Days on site, etc.
Reading to End Racism (50%)
- Research and implement best practices in anti-bias curriculum.
- Research best literary resources for RER Library, updating and cataloging the library.
- Update and develop RER curriculum, site coordinator handbook and other training materials; support lesson planning for readers.
- Schedule and organize reading events with local schools, working closely with site coordinators and administration. Supervise site visits.
- Serve as trainer, coach and mentor to readers.
- Serve as reader at site visits.
- Recruit, train and maintain relationships with RER volunteers.
- Perform data collection, entry, analysis and reporting of RER school feedback surveys.
- Support the promotion of RER via materials, social media, and requests for information from public relations/marketing.
- Advocate for RER and solicit participation in all area elementary schools.
STEM for Girls of Color (25%)
- Organize Google STEM grant single-day coding events, including shared recruitment of attendees, confirmations, logistics, equipment, programming and refreshments.
- Support the development of ongoing computer science education at area middle schools
- Develop program evaluation tools and perform collection, analysis and reporting of data.
- Establish and maintain relationships with STEM site partners and participating students
- Identify potential volunteers.
- Demonstrated passion for racial justice issues
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (communications, education, public policy, social work)
- A minimum of three years of experience in community engagement, including with adults and youth
- Excellent written and verbal skills; public speaking experience
- Volunteer recruitment, training and management experience
- Curriculum and program development experience
- Research, data analysis and reporting experience
- Must be able to manage multiple high priority tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work occasional early mornings and late evenings
- Bicultural/Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Business/Classroom products desirable
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com